On behalf of the staff, students and parents of Kelvin Grove State College, we would like to welcome you and your family to the Senior School. We hope that you enjoy the education opportunities provided during your time with us.
At Kelvin Grove State College in the Senior School we promote the concept of excellence in teaching and learning. Students are provided with opportunities to excel within academic, excellence and vocational areas. We focus on collaboratively working to improve student engagement and to optimise student potential, allowing a focus on the importance of lifelong learning.
In the Senior School we aim to:
- Engage students in their learning to ensure deep knowledge and depth of understanding;
- Celebrate student achievement and success; and
- Value each student as an individual.
Our aim is to provide improved educational outcomes for all students by focusing on each individual student’s aspirations. This is accomplished through a Three Year Senior Curriculum, which caters for student’s specific needs through our Academic curriculum, Acceleration courses, University units and Vocational pathways. Students are provided with guidance to map their three year journey.
Furthermore we believe in providing students with multiple pathways that enhance learning and employability. Flexible delivery is the key to these multiple pathways – accomplished through the tertiary links; enrichment courses; industry mentors; structured work placements; traineeships and apprenticeships.
Key features of the Senior School
- Three year senior
- A broad academic curriculum which includes accelerated learning programs
- Tertiary Study Options during Senior years
- Academic excellence programs in Engineering, Aviation and Design+Art (Largest Art Department in Queensland)
- Specialist professionals, trainers and coaches delivering Ballet, Football, Tennis and Golf excellence programs
- Personalised programs leading to multiple career pathways
- International Student Program
- School based Traineeship/Apprenticeships
- Structured Work placements
- Wide range of personal, academic and vocational support systems
We hope that your association with the College is a satisfying, active and a rewarding one.