Kelvin Grove State College is a unique, committed and collaborative P-12 educational institution that seeks to provide a supportive and engaging learning environment. Our uniqueness is characterised by:
- Intellectual rigour across core and elective disciplines
- Multiple learning and career pathways
- Schools of Excellence, accelerated learning pathways and extension courses
- Quality partnerships with our community, industry groups and tertiary institutions
- Cohesion and continuity across early, middle and senior phases of learning and development
- A community enriched through multi-culturalism, and invigorated through diversity by valuing both local cultures and international students
- Genuine working relationships within and ethos of generosity of spirit towards all.
"With All Thy Might"
Our Just Cause
"Nurturing globally competent learners, leaders and citizens"
"A Prep to Pathways learning community delivering wellness and excellence, guided by our College Values"
The College values shape our unique culture of Trusting Relationships, allowing all members of Kelvin Grove State College to build a productive community where our central value of Happiness is valued. Kelvin Grove supports and encourages the values of...
Courage and resilience – Refuse to give in to doubt and fear
Draw on moral and physical courage in times of adversity. Realise that no matter what happens, you can cope with dignity and strength.
Creative and critical thinking - Engage in lifelong learning
See empowerment through problem solving, analysis and creativity. Enjoy the pursuit of excellence through learning.
Integrity and honesty - Think and act ethically
Do what you know to be right rather than what is easy or convenient. Be accountable for your own actions. Ensure consistency between what you say and what you do. Be honest.
Respect - Believe in the inherent worth of each person
Respect yourself and others and act with compassion. Show empathy by working to understand the viewpoint of others and how they are feeling.
Responsibility - Recognise the connections among personal, social and environmental wellbeing
Act responsibly, ethically and in a disciplined way to make the world a better place. Understand that our choices and actions affect the rights of others, including future generations.
Valuing Diversity - Recognise the common humanity of all peoples
Advocate for fairness and support the rights of others. Challenge injustice and promote understanding.