The KG Dance Excellence program provides a strong foundation in classical ballet and other forms of dance technique. Each week all levels participate in two ballet classes, and a third class in contemporary, jazz or an allied dance subject. All dance classes are taken in normal school hours at KGSC's purpose built dance studios.
The general aims of the KG Dance Excellence program is to:
- develop and provide a strong overall technique in all aspects of ballet
- provide strong ground work in contemporary and jazz dance techniques and other dance genres where applicable
- develop rehearsal and performance skills, working as a team
- develop discipline, motivation, musicality and creativity in dance
- develop a professional attitude with respect to personal health, work ethic and commitment.
How to apply
Auditions are held annually for all levels for entry the following year.
Current KGSC students
Applicants must submit an
audition application form (PDF, 715KB) with requested supporting documentation prior to the annual audition. Application forms are available from the KGSC website and should be submitted to the main office or posted to:
Mrs Margaret Lucas OAM
c/ Kelvin Grove State College
Kelvin Grove Q 4059
Students not currently enrolled at KGSC must submit an
expression of interest form (PDF, 471KB) and supporting documentation, including your audition application by emailing the
enrolments officer or by mail to:
The Enrolments Officer
Kelvin Grove State College
Kelvin Grove Q 4059
All dance programs at KGSC attract tuition fees to cover the cost of specialis dance teachers, accompanists, performances etc. Additional expenses include, but are not limited to, uniforms, dancewear and excursions. Strict Tuition Fee Policies apply.
Students may apply for entry to the dance and ballet programs at KGSC at any year level as there will be an annual intake for each.
Progression from one year to the next is achieved by successfully reaching the required assessment marks, work ethic and commitment.